Opel Vectra A
since 1988-1995 of release
Repair and car operation
Vektr A. Opel
- 1. Maintenance instruction
Governing bodies and control devices
Control lamps of a combination of devices
Double information display
Heating and ventilation
Instructions on driving
Control lamp of electronic system of the engine
Exhaust system, exhaust gases
HARDWARE system (Traction Control)
Wheels and tires
Parameters of engines
Bases of safe operation of the car
+ Weekly checks and service in a way
Operational materials and liquids
+ 1.1 Maintenance
+ 2. Engine
+ 3. Repair of DOHC engines
+ 4. Repair of the diesel engine
+ 5. Cooling system
+ 6. Fuel system
+ 7. A fuel and exhaust system of models with system of injection of fuel
+ 8. Exhaust system and system of fall of toxicity of exhaust gases
+ 9. Fuel systems of the diesel engine
+ 10. Engine electrosystems
+ 11. Transmission
+ 12. Mechanical transmission
+ 13. Automatic transmission
+ 14. Power shafts
+ 15. Brake system
+ 16. Suspension bracket
+ 17. Body
+ 18. Electric equipment
+ 19. Check of malfunctions
Never move nakaty with the idle engine. Many units thus do not work (for example, signaling devices, the amplifier of a brake drive, the amplifier of the steering mechanism, system of airbags of safety). You subject in danger of and other participants of movement.
Amplifier of a brake drive
At the idle engine the amplifier of a brake drive stops the action after the 2nd - 3-fold pressing a brake pedal. Thus brake action does not decrease, however, the bigger effort is required by pressing a brake pedal.
The steering mechanism with the amplifier
If the amplifier of a steering drive refuses, for example, during towage with the idle engine, the car continues to be operated the application of big efforts, however, is demanded.
Movement in mountain conditions, trailer towage
The fan of system of cooling – electrodriving. Therefore, its efficiency does not depend on frequency of rotation of a shaft of the engine. At high frequency of rotation of a shaft of the engine a lot of heat is allocated, at low - respectively it is less.
Therefore, when overcoming liftings not to switch to lower transfer until the car in a condition quietly to master lifting on higher transfer.
Diesel engine: on liftings with a bias in 10 % and more not to exceed speed of movement on the 1st transfer - 30 km/h, on the 2nd - 50 km/h.
Movement with load of a roof
Not to exceed a permissible load on a roof. For safety reasons evenly to distribute and reliably to fix cargo fixing belts. To finish pressure in tires to the value specified for full loading. Not to exceed speed of 120 km/h. More often to check and tighten fastening.
At very high temperature of cooling liquid, for example, after driving in mountain conditions: let's to the engine work on idling about 2 minutes that there was no stagnation of heat.
After an engine stop the fan of the engine can continue some time the work for cooling of knots of the engine.
Mode of compulsory idling
During a mode of compulsory idling supply of fuel is automatically disconnected, for example, during driving under a bias or when braking. During a mode of compulsory idling not to "increase speed" and not to switch off coupling that the system of shutdown of supply of fuel worked.
Frequency of rotation of a shaft of the engine
In all road conditions to operate the car in an optimum range of frequencies of rotation of a shaft of the engine.
Engine warming up
To warm up the engine at car movement, instead of on idling. Not „to give full gas", not to be established yet working temperature.
After start-up of the cold engine the automatic transmission is switched to higher transfers only at bigger frequency of rotation of a shaft of the engine. Thus, the catalyst quickly heats up to the temperature demanded for optimum process of reduction of harmful substances.
Timely gear shifting
On idling and the lowest transfers do not lead up frequency of rotation of a shaft of the engine to too high values. Too high speed on separate transfers or steps, and also driving with frequent stops increase wear of knots of the car and fuel consumption.
Switching on the lowest transfer
• At decrease in speed to switch to lower transfer, not to revolve coupling at the increased frequencies of rotation of a shaft of the engine. It is especially important during movement in mountain conditions.
• To press a coupling pedal at full capacity, to prevent difficulties at gear shifting and not to damage a transmission. Around pedals there should be no rugs.
Safety of the storage battery
• During driving on small speed or stops, for example, at movement in the city, during short-term trips and stoppages, whenever possible to disconnect consumers of the electric power (glass heating, additional headlights etc.).
Economy of fuel
Engine warming up
• „Full gas" or engine warming up idling promote the strengthened wear of the engine and fuel consumption increase.
• The turbulent character of driving promotes significant increase in fuel consumption.
• The engine consumes fuel and when idling.
Mode of compulsory idling
• During a mode of compulsory idling supply of fuel is automatically disconnected, e.g., during movement under a bias or when braking.
In due time switch transfers
• High values of frequency of rotation of a shaft of the engine increase wear of knots of the car and fuel consumption.
• The speed of movement is higher, the fuel consumption is higher. At movement „on full gas" you spend a lot of fuel.
Pressure of air in tires
• Pressure of air in tires below norm leads because of increase in resistance of a kacheniye to increase of expenses for increase in fuel consumption and at the increased wear of tires.
• Inclusion of additional consumers of capacity increases fuel consumption.
• „Full gas", кикдаун, a choice of a sports mode and excessive manual a rekey of scientific research institute of steps lead to sharp increase of fuel consumption.
Luggage carrier on a roof, holders for skis
• A luggage carrier on a roof, holders for skis can increase fuel consumption approximately on 1 l/100 of km at the expense of the increased resistance of air.